This program has been designed to educate and encourage International Students and Graduates to search for a job the Australian way and walk confidently into a job interview in the Australian job market. Students will be equipped with tangible career tools and the skills and knowledge to confidently apply for a job in Australia.
- Resume writing session – facilitated workshop (2 hours)
- Creating a tailored job application – cover letter and LinkedIn profile – Presentation (1 hour)
- How to interview with confidence in the Australian job market – Presentation (1 hour)
- Mock interview session with employer/recruiter – Workshop (1 hours)
- Effective networking and communication techniques – Presentation and group activity (1 hour)
- Understand employer mindset and develop natural confidence (1 hour)
- The structure and format of the learning program can be flexible based on learners’ needs.
- Each learner will participate in all classroom activities and demonstrate awareness and application of knowledge gained throughout the learning program.
- Learner will be participating on a Mock Interview Session
Achievement of Objectives:
- Each learner will complete a resume to be reviewed by the facilitator
- A completion certificate from Student Job Australia
- Each learner will receive soft copy resources
- Provide a printed and soft copy of their resume to work on reviewing/refining throughout the
- Willingness to apply learnings gained from the course to their existing resume
- Open to learning new methods for applying for jobs and undertaking interviews with employers
The overall objective of the learning program, enabling learners to develop and enhance their job-hunting strategies to look for a job confidently in the Australian job market, will be reached through encouraging and supporting learners to commit to:
- Skillset – Educate learners to develop their soft-skills to interact with all networks, including potential employers. Encourage them to promote clear and concise verbal and written communication. Demonstrate them to use effective job search strategies and techniques.
- Mindset - Provide strategies and techniques to maintain a positive mindset during the job-hunting process. This is very important for learners to maintain a consistent and goal-oriented search. Empower learners to take accountability for their career development and future employment opportunities
- Innovation – Encourage learners to think innovative job search strategies. Demonstrate them to use LinkedIn to increase networking opportunities. Inspire learners to think outside the box.
All participants will be presented with a Certificate of Completion from Student Job Australia.
All learners will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to update to update their resume to be their primary career marketing tool, supported by confidence in how to prepare for, behave and effectively answer questions during a future job interview.
About Our Facilitators:
- Master of Social Science (Career Education and Development) from RMIT University
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment from Box Hill Institute.
- Twenty years of employment experience in a variety of industries including banking, transport, health, energy, State and Federal government, education and training, including working as a career counsellor in the University sector.
- Currently working in policy in the Australian federal government.
- Chair of the Domestic Violence Prevention Council, appointed by Minister Yvette Berry.
- The Chair of the Canberra Multicultural Women’s Forum
- Board Director, Australian Lebanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Experienced career advisor and trainer
- A published number 1 bestseller co-authored with Richard Branson, Brian Tracy and Les Brown with the book “Think Big”
- A former Business Analysis Manager, Corporate Consultant, Trainer and Speaker with over 20 years’ experience working with executives in over a dozen industries including 2 recruitment agencies
- Has delivered over 300 workshops on Business, Professional Skills and Employment
Book in now!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to invest in one of our career workshops.