Putting our customers at the heart of what we do means we are making significant changes to our business and the way we respond to what our customers want.
This function is integral to Field Workflow Services achieving the required outcomes of the GBS Field Game Plan and associated Improve and Transform programs as it will contribute to and/or provide the insights, analytics, optimisation solutions and actionable intelligence that enable realisation of Field operational workflow production efficiency, productivity uplift and customer outcomes.
Achieving success will require a broad range of skills, operational and strategic agility – domain knowledge, technical fluency/acumen in optimisation/analytics/problem solving, people and project management skills to work as part of a squad and/or lead an initiative from ideation through production to adoption, and an entrepreneurial spirit and the business savvy to navigate the length and breadth of Telstra’s Field ecosystem.
Purpose: Participate in managing the implementation of end to end data, optimisation and analytical insights through the delivery of actionable intelligence to support both operational and strategic business decisions.
Preferred Location: Brisbane
As an Analytics Translator Specialist, you will:
- Participate in and/or lead the identification, framing and translation of intermediate to complex problems, shaping of analytical and optimisation solutions with technical teams and champion change based on the insights and actionable intelligence produced.
- Perform and/or support delivery of data, analytics translation, solution capabilities and actionable operational and strategic intelligence through relevant visualisation and/or presentation medium.
- Develop data analysis and ongoing insights leveraging multiple data sources that test hypotheses and correspond to business performance metrics and game plan outcomes
- Develop relevant base models (for example database, descriptive, predictive, prescriptive) to assess and/or operationalise opportunity value.
- Develop and enhance data analysis processes, tools and structures to improve FWS data insights and efficiencies
- Work within teams to utilise analysis, optimisation, machine learning, automation, AI techniques to develop enterprise solutions
- Engage with stakeholders to develop data insights and communicate findings, projections and recommendations with business leaders to make informed decisions.
- Work within a team on the roadmap and Agile development program for data, insights & analytics translation capabilities that deliver timely decision-ready insight within a specific FWS portfolio or Mission area.
Your skillsets will include:
- Recent demonstrated experience handling intermediate to complex datasets, applying intermediate to advanced analytics techniques and translating analysis into meaningful and actionable intelligence and recommendations
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in database and open source languages, analytical and visualisation tools (e.g. SQL, Python, Spark, R, Alteryx, Tableau, SPLUNK, Power BI, QlikSense, ArcGIS) and experience with Optimisation, Machine Learning/AI or Automation routines.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an IT/engineering/analytical/mathematical/statistical discipline coupled with 2 to 5 years demonstrated industry experience.
- Recent demonstrated experience in performing and/or leading the delivery of data/analytics solutions and capabilities across direct, virtual teams and third parties.
- Recent demonstrated experience engaging and influencing stakeholders, both internal and external, to achieve business objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including translating complex data and analysis into business and management ready messages and presentation.
- Be able to work to deadlines, manage multiple complex activities concurrently, comfort in working with ambiguity and iterative project/programme delivery & Agile practices experience.
- Natural curiosity and desire to independently and/or collaboratively uncover fresh insights from disparate data sources.
- Formal Agile training
- Commercial acumen & cost estimation for projects
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Office 365 suite
- Expertise in the definition of epics, stories, tasks and acceptance criteria.
- Technical skills that enable connection, interrogation and interpretation of diverse structured and unstructured data sources from across Telstra.
You need to be a certain kind of person to thrive in our environment. Someone who takes the lead in creative thinking and getting things done. Who understands our business inside out and balances a sense of urgency with a commitment to excellence.