The Digital Systems Senior Specialist (design) creates, guides and shapes the holistic Design language into the Design System.
The role works within the Digital Systems team, helping direct other designers and working alongside developers, accessibility specialists and researchers. The role creates and facilitates common reusable patterns that feed into the Design System for delivery teams to use. This process involves working closely with the developers and the Brand specialists as well as Mission team member from our core assets.
- Develop user interface designs to create compelling digital experiences throughout the customer's Telstra journey.
- Creating inspiring artefacts that showcase the way we design, to inspire designers and developer both internally and externally. This may sometimes shift beyond the typical traditional mediums.
- Ensure all key processes are documented to retain internal IP and others can assist with standardised tasks through arranged ceremonies and rituals where the dev and design teams contribute back into the Digital System
- Guide and recommend design activities / methods to support the creative process and industrialisation of common patterns
- Facilitate ideation workshops / design jams or design sprints enabling cross functional teams to quickly generate innovative concepts and solutions and iteratively test if their ideas solve customer pain points and align to our accessibility standards.
- Ensure the Digital System team is actively measuring the impact of their work and tracking the speed for new and iterated patterns
- Mentor designers on holistic design approaches ensuring all designs are supported by hypotheses and test & learn canvas.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of how initiatives contribute to the success of the business. Ensure all designers are data led and understand the impact of their design work. Use quantitative and qualitative data to support rationale for design decisions and ensure all designers can adequately articulate the core metrics in their space.
- Identify and unblock any issues by guiding designers to talk with the relevant stakeholder or raising issues at appropriate forums.
- Working closely with Brand representatives to unpack the holistic brand and how it comes to life within the digital context. Building strong relationships with the team to form a one team mentality.
- Champion Agile ways of working and cross functional team collaboration. Ensure design is co-created rather than designed in isolation.
- Support the Digital System Principle with the introduction of new methods, initiatives and the migration process for tooling.
- 7+ years of customer centred digital design experience in a delivery function, ie has lead design processes from initiation to implementation
- Built a digital brand and/or translated a physical / traditional brand strategy into a world class digital environment.
- Has worked across a variety of industries and businesses, including Telco, but must have significant and broader experience in the field.
- Developed and implemented a design system
- Systems thinker: proven ability to identify and articulate the customer, business and technical tradeoffs of UX and UI design decisions.
- Proven experience with designing across multiple UI frameworks (e.g. responsive web, native app in IOS/Android)
- Detailed experience in web and native app accessibility techniques.
- Proven experience influencing stakeholders.
- Experience working in design projects with multi-disciplinary teams across multiple locations, using agile practices (eg scrum, implementation sprints)
- International experience across a range of industries applying best practice design.
- Building and evolving multiple design operations and systems
- Scaled Agile teams
- Worked with IT teams closely