Position in workplace health, injury management and rehabilitation services
- Positions available in our Melbourne office
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent working conditions
- Full-time, part-time or Consultants
- Competitive salary
Due to recent growth, Mend is looking for passionate individuals to join our collaborative team and make a difference to our valued clients. Mend is accredited as a rehabilitation provider for WorkSafe, Comcare and NDIS. Mend has been operating for over 25 years providing rehabilitation and health services. This extensive experience in the industry has allowed Mend to become a leader in providing tailored solutions to some of Australia’s largest companies.
We are looking to recruit an Occupational Therapist to join our supportive team as a Rehabilitation Consultant and OT. The role has significant variety across areas such as Return to Work Coordination, Occupational Therapy services and workplace rehabilitation.
Rehabilitation Consultants who meet AHPRA’s requirements will also be considered. Applicants with experience in clinical or community settings with a keen interest in Workplace Rehabilitation are encouraged to apply as are new graduates. Mend has an extensive and supportive training program for new graduates and new staff to this industry. Supervision is a key component within the organisation, as well as ongoing skill development, peer support and training.
The role will include:
- Case management
- Liaison with Insurers, Treating Health Practitioners, employers and injured workers
- Workplace, Functional and Activities of Daily Living assessments
- Conducting training and health prevention programs
- RTW Coordination and Injury Management
- Performing pre-employment, health and drug/alcohol testing
- Performing NDIS assessments and OT services
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in Workplace Rehabilitation highly regarded but not essential
- Knowledge of Workers Compensation highly regarded but not essential
- Strong Occupational Therapy skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to structure personal workload to achieve organisational targets/deadlines
- The ability to work in a team and autonomously
What you will need to succeed:
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- National Police clearance
- A current driver's licence for relevant State
- The right to work in Australia
- AHPRA registration (current or soon to be achieved)
Please note only applicants who fulfil the selection criteria may be contacted for an interview.