With a proud history dating back 133 years, the Bosch Group now employs more than 410,000 people across 165 countries. Bosch brings innovations that are “Invented for Life” in the fields of Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. To this day, Bosch remains privately owned, with 92% held by a charitable trust. Bosch is a rather special company.
Our Automotive Electronics Department is responsible for developing Body Computer Modules, Secure Central Gateways and Vehicle Security Products. With capabilities covering end-to-end the complete Development and New Product Introduction process we are managing and implementing global platform projects, tailored for our Original Equipment customers.
We are currently offering an opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join us as a System Engineer. The role is based at our Head Office in Clayton.
Position responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Executing product development and design of new products, components or systems
- Contributing to the definition of performance specifications or functional requirements for new projects and testing methods according to customer requirements
- Providing all documentation required to support a product’s introduction into production as required and check its quality is to the expected level
- Supervising/conducting investigations/tests and evaluate results and analyse data obtained. Ensuring that the raw data, results and conclusions are recorded in a Development Report
- Investigating and recommending actions to improve product designs to reduce costs, improve quality/reliability, and increase productivity
- Searching proactively for potential risks, investigate solutions to mitigate those risks and escalate where applicable in early stage
- Ensuring product designs comply with customer and internal specifications, and verification and validation activities are carried out in timely and technically competent manner
What you can bring to Bosch
The successful applicant will be results oriented, have the ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines, be a team player and have excellent organisational and communications skills.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- An Engineering Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Software or equivalent
- Experience with the design and development of electronics components
- Experience with RF design and application of electromagnetic theory
- Experience in design for test & design for production and successful completion of at least one major project into production
- Understanding of DOORS, IBM rhapsody or enterprise architect
- Problem solving skills and understanding methodologies (PSS, 8D)
- Strong ability to collaborate with cross discipline team
- Strong customer interaction skills, eliciting requirements and concept development
- Exceptional communication skills and negotiations (internal and external)
- Automotive industry background
- Ability and willingness with international and domestic travel in accordance to project requirement
- Experienced in architecture design
- Good understanding of Product Life Cycle (PLC) and Defect management lifecycle
- Project planning and strong leadership
- Experience with product features
- Knowledge of design processes from other disciplines
- Understanding of regulations (e.g. ADR, NAFTA)