NSW Government temporary crisis accommodation for international students
The NSW Government is providing a $20 million package for international students in partnership with Study NSW who are stuck in Australia due to the COVID-19 pandemic. NSW is collecting your personal information to direct the International Student COVID-19 Crisis Accommodation Scheme in NSW which is targeted at international students who are in genuine hardship and require temporary crisis accommodation.
Your personal information has been collected for the purposes of:
- processing your application for the International Student COVID-19 Crisis Accommodation Scheme
- contacting you to provide information and guidance about the Crisis Accommodation Scheme
- Conduct inspections to confirm that the Crisis Accommodation Scheme Guidelines/Terms and Conditions have been met.
- contacting you, or a public/private authority, to confirm the information you provide in support of your application
- ·verifying your identity and eligibility information through the VEVO service which is administered by the Department of Home Affairs, and the Certificate of Enrolment check which is administered by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment
- confirming and reporting on the Crisis Accommodation Scheme
View the eligibility criteria and apply at www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-international-student-covid-19-crisis-accommodation or call the NSW Government COVID-19 hotline on 13 77 88.
Service NSW may collect personal information that includes:
- full name
- date of birth
- contact details
- information about your current living arrangements
- information about your passport and visa details
- information about your education and enrolment
- relevant related documentation.
You have to provide relevant information when requested otherwise your grant application may be rejected or delayed. Your personal information are disclose by service NSW and only provided to Study NSW and to relevant accommodation providers.
For further details about how Service NSW collects and manages personal information, and how you can access and correct it, visit Service NSW Privacy.
Emergency accommodation for international students
Wayside is open from 9.30-1pm 7 days per week for showers, practical support and takeaway breakfast and lunch. 2pm – 4pm phone outreach only
2pm – 8pm – phone outreach, street reach and home out reach (front yard by referral from day staff)
Phone: 9581 9100 (Kings Cross) or 9581 9190 (Bondi Beach)
Ask Izzy is a search tool to help people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness find shelter, food, health and other critical support services.
Rough Edges is a non-government organisation that aims to bring a greater sense of self to everyone who walks through their doors. Opening hours to be confirmed on a daily basis. Please call in advance for take away dinner (7:30pm-8:30pm), case management and counseling.
Phone: 9360 6844
For more details on International Students COVID-19 Crisis Accommodation Scheme, you can visit here: https://www.study.sydney/student-welfare/accommodation-and-housing
Join the webinar on July 1st,2020 to hear from Peter Mackey, Director at NSW Treasury on Temporary Crisis Accommodation Support for International Students in NSW. This session will be moderated by the Co-founder of Student Job Australia Bijay Sapkota.
Click here to register:https://bit.ly/3et0XvX